Why Acronis Backup to Cloud?
Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine, Acronis Backup to Cloud is an easy-to-use, all-in-one offsite backup solution. All you need to do is get a subscription, select the cloud storage size you need, and go!
You can easily implement the 3-2-1 data protection strategy to disaster-proof your data:
- Create 3 copy of your data (1 primary copy and 2 secondary backup)
- Store your copies in at least 2 types of storage media (local drive, tape share, network share/NAS)
- Store one of these copies offsite
Acronis Backup to Cloud is fully integrated into Acronis Backup and Acronis Backup Advanced.
Simply activate your Acronis Backup to Cloud subscription and start backing up offsite right within your Acronis Backup product — without any extra steps!
According to Redmond Magazine, 75% percent of SMB organizations that use tape backup experience tape failure each year. Transition from tapes to reliable and secure Acronis Backup to Cloud and enjoy peace of mind!
- Government-approved safe AES-256 encryption
- Peace of mind with secure data access, storage & transfer.
- Initial Seeding services
- Save time by quickly moving large volumes of data to the Acronis cloud.
- Large Scale Recovery services
- Redice RTO and quickly recover large volumes of data should disaster strike.
- SSAE 16-certified secure data centers
Sleep well at night, as the data centers are equipped with all latest disaster prevention technologies.
Depending on your network capabilities, your first full upload to the Acronis Cloud may require significant time & resources. Initial Seeding eliminates lengthy uploads by offering an alternative data transfer method:
- Create a full system backup to an external hard disk drive.
- Mail the drive to Acronis, and we will safely transfer your backup to the Acronis Cloud.
- Continue your protection with smaller incremental backups made directly to the Acronis cloud.
Large Scale Recovery
If you need to recover exceptionally large amounts of data quickly, Acronis offers a convenient Large Scale Recovery service, independent of your network access/capabilities.
- Simply order a hard drive of your backup from our datacenter
- We will mail it to you via overnight delivery.
- Restore the data directly from the hard disk, avoiding potential network bottlenecks
To determine how long it may take to upload, we recommend using the following simple equation:
Time to upload (hours) = (Data (MB) ÷ 2) ÷ (Upload Speed (Mbps) ÷ 8) ÷ 3600
*Divide total data by 2 to account for backup compression. Divide the entire equation by 3600 for a result in hours.
For example, if you want to back up 35 PCs with 200GB of data each & your upload speed is 40Mbps:
Total data = 35 x (200 x 1024) = 7168000MB
Time to upload = (7168000 ÷ 2) ÷ (40 ÷ 8) ÷ 3600 = 199.11 hours
Conclusion? It will take almost 200 hours to complete a full initial upload to the Acronis Cloud. To avoid this lengthy consumption of network resources, we recommend using the Initial Seeding service instead!