IDA Home, exclusively available for passionate reverse engineering hobbyist.
IDA Home was introduced thanks to the experience Hex-Rays has been gaining throughout the years to propose hobbyists a solution that combines rapidity, reliability with the levels of quality and responsiveness of support that any professional reverse engineers should expect.
IDA Home is available in 5 different editions covering the most common processor families and gives access to the Lumina server. We believe that IDA Home will become your best partner to perform your 32 or 64-bit projects.
IDA Home’s main features:
- Ability to analyze both 32-bit and 64-bit applications
- The 64-bit PC, ARM and PPC come with a compatible cloud-based Decompiler currently in beta testing mode
- Powerful IDAPython scripting with Python 3 support is included
- Local or gdbserver debugger included
- One processor family of choice from the most common processors: PC, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PPC
- Annual subscription
- Named license only
- Access to Lumina server
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does IDA Home include a decompiler?
- Currently, there is no finalized decompiler available for IDA Home yet. However, 3 versions (64-bit PC, ARM and PPC) include a compatible cloud-based decompiler in beta test mode. Those decompilers require an internet connection to function.
- Access to SDK?
- The SDK is only available to IDA Pro customers but you can use the full power of IDAPython for developing scripts and plugins to extend IDA.
- Do compiled IDA Pro plugins work?
- Normally yes, but some functionality may be missing depending on the edition of IDA Home. For any third party support please contact the plugin authors.
- Can additional processors be purchased?
- No, only one processor family per edition is available.
- Can I benefit from the support and get fixes?
- Yes, the same level of support by email as with IDA Pro is included.
- Does it stop working if not renewed?
- Yes. Unlike IDA Pro, renewals are required to continue using IDA Home.
- Is batch/headless mode supported?
- No, such functionality is only available in IDA Pro.
- Can I use it at work or for freelancing?
- No. If you earn money with it (i.e. commercial use), you need IDA Pro.
- Can I use it for bug bounties?
- Yes, if it’s not your main source of income
Main Difference between IDA Editions
|IDA Home||IDA Pro|
|Supported Processors||Choose one of:|
|68 families + custom via SDK/IDAPython|
|Debuggers||Local + GDB remote debugger||Local + Remote|
|File Format||Processor-specific formats||Over 45 + custom via SDK/IDAPython|
|Decompiler||64-bit PC, PPC and ARM (Currently in beta testing mode)||x86, x64, ARM, ARM64, PPC, PPC64, MIPS (Add-on availability with additional purchase|
|Commercial Usage Allowed||✕||✓|
|Floating License Available||✕||✓|
|Access to Lumina Function Database||✓||✓|